- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
As America's electrical needs continue to soar, the high demand for nuclear engineers will continue into the new millennium. From space exploration to modern medicine, nuclear technology will continue to enhance our lives in many ways.
Our accredited undergraduate program is the only B.S. program in Nuclear Engineering in the State of Missouri and is one of only 21 degree programs in the nation. Graduates of our program are in very high demand and are employed in a variety of nuclear-related engineering fields.
Why Nuclear Engineering?
There are several key advantages to enrolling as a nuclear engineer at Missouri S&T such as:
- An increasingly high demand for Nuclear Engineers.
- Personalized attention made possible by a low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Significant levels of financial aid.
- Department assistance in summer job and co-op searches.
- Hands-on experience with the Missouri S&T Nuclear Reactor.
- Strong student involvement in national organizations.
- Above 90% placement of graduates in either jobs or graduate school.
- A wide variety of career choices within the nuclear industry.
- Having starting salaries among the highest of all engineering graduates.
- Becoming part of an elite group that plays a major role in our nation's security, defense and energy needs.