- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
Why Nuclear Engineering?
There are several key advantages to enrolling as a nuclear engineer at Missouri S&T such as:
- An increasingly high demand for Nuclear Engineers.
- Personalized attention made possible by a low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Significant levels of financial aid.
- Department assistance in summer job and co-op searches.
- Hands-on experience with the Missouri S&T Nuclear Reactor.
- Strong student involvement in national organizations.
- Above 90% placement of graduates in either jobs or graduate school.
- A wide variety of career choices within the nuclear industry.
- Having starting salaries among the highest of all engineering graduates.
- Becoming part of an elite group that plays a major role in our nation's security, defense and energy needs.
MISSOURI S&T REACTOR (MSTR)
The MSTR has been in operation since 1961 and was the first nuclear reactor in the state of Missouri. The reactor is...